It’s true … some things are meant to be!


I went to my local patchwork shop in Mogo to buy a Hera marker and came back with these instead – 



I’m calling the chair my sewing throne because it is surprisingly comfy to sit upright in and leaves plenty of elbow room when I'm hand stitching.

It reminds me a little of something that might be a prop in Alice in Wonderland and it will fit in the small lounge room. I plan on covering the window seat cushion in this room in one of the colours picked from the sewing throne fabric - turquoise maybe?

So how did I jump from bringing home a Hera marker to bringing home a chair and footstool you may ask? I wasn’t in the market for more furniture that’s for sure, and I have two other furniture make-overs in the pipeline (one currently out on the verandah waiting for its final sanding before I stain, paint and replace knobs).  I don’t need any more projects!




I picked this up for $20 in a garage sale.  It's handmade by some enterprising DIYer and it has drawers.  I love drawers in a coffee table as it means I can hide/store stuff instead of cluttering up the top.

But I digress. I first saw the sewing throne in a jewellery shop where we bought our wedding rings around 5 or 6 years ago.  I loved it then, so while passing the shop I took my husband up to the window to show him the footstool and explained that I wanted to do something similar to reupholster two old footstools that I've had for more than 20 years.  They’re in pretty good nick. I hate to throw out anything that just needs a revamp and a bit of tender loving care.

Well, one of the owners saw me at the shop window and beckoned me in. When I told her why I was looking at the footstool she said it was for sale, along with the chair!  Both are pieces that were purchased when she went into partnership around 10 years ago.  You can catch a glimpse of the furniture doing its job as ‘hero’ pieces on the shop floor on the Juela website. 

The patchwork shop was out of Hera markers, and if they hadn’t been we would not have strolled down the road for coffee, passing Juela on the way.  

Some things are meant to be!

oooOOOooo

I needed the Hera marker to mark up quilting lines on a modern hexie pillow that I made for my son's partner.

I ended up just eye-balling it, not too successfully as the finished product shows.

Hubblebird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilty Folk Quilt Along

Stuck in the blooming brambles

What a rigmarole ...