Lots-a-finishes

Well, you’d hope so after an absence of 4 months from the blog. 

I am going to be a first-time grandma in November this year.  I’m so excited that my eldest son and his partner are going to have their first baby.  At this stage I know that it is a girl, but that’s all, as Mum and Dad are keeping potential names and the due date as surprises for the rest of us.

Since hearing the news I’ve been busy knitting and sewing all sorts of goodies.  It has been many years since I knitted anything but I find it very soothing sitting in the lounge with the fire blazing and doing (what I call) mindless knitting – blankets, simple cardigans, even a dress or two for a little knitted bunny!




I’ve made baby MJ (as she is known so far) 3 quilts.  I blogged about the snowball quilt here.

Here is a little bassinette quilt that I made from scraps.  The centre panel is one that my daughter-in-law chose.  This little quilt has fabrics that I’ve used in a quilt for my Mum so it has extra special memories.  I hand quilted parts of the panel in Perle cotton.



Next is a cot quilt.  Again, this is made mostly from scraps.  I think this is my favourite.  I followed a tutorial on making pinwheels from 5-inch squares.  The top went together beautifully and was finished in a day.

I designed and quilted all the tops myself. 

Hubblebird

Linking up with the Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More.

 

Comments

  1. Lots more baby goodies! The two little quilts are delightful, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilty Folk Quilt Along

Stuck in the blooming brambles

What a rigmarole ...