Let's hear it for the blogs

Like Michelle who is the author of 'From Bolt to Beauty' I love words. Here's hoping that her  initiative to fill the gap left by Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts (taking a step back from a weekly link party) takes off. 

I send the same wish for success to Wendy from Wendy's Quilts and More. She is hosting a weekly link party too (Peacock Party) and I am keen to support her, especially since the finish (below) was only started after I read about her finished cushion a while ago. I liked it so much I bought Jen Kingwell's book so that I could try and make one myself.

I'm not a prolific quilter, so my blog is about all sorts of things that interest me.

I don't have an Instagram account either. I prefer reading about how someone has constructed something, who it is for, what it is for, where it will go - the whole shebang!  I mourn the loss of another (very quirky) blogger on the Isle of White (Little Island Quilting) who seems to have abandoned her blog altogether. I miss her!

It took me a while to get going with my blog. I had lots of words and no pics, and in the same way that I feel intimidated by truly outstanding quilts made by amazingly talented people ("How could I ever achieve that?" I think to myself) it's easy to be intimidated by gorgeous pics.

Another favourite blogger, Liz who is the author of Savor Every Stitch, took a course to learn how to photograph her quilts better. I'm on the lookout for something similar here in Australia.

I marvel at the precision of Liz's work, and I can admire it from afar.  Her pics are something to savor - they are truly drool-worthy!

But that's not me...yet.  So I got over myself and I just put my snaps from my mobile phone onto my blog.

Like many others, I also love to read about whatever else quilt bloggers are up to, as blogger Janet Szabo at Suck it Up, Buttercup knows only too well! So let's hear it for bloggers - all of us - as far as I'm concerned.

Which brings me to my contribution this week. It's a finish from a few months ago.



If you want to read more about it you can read that here. Otherwise this would be a terribly wordy blog about a finish!

Hubblebird

Comments

  1. Hello! and thank you for linking up to my Peacock Party. I love that you were inspired enough by my version of Jen Kingwell's cushion that you went out and got the pattern to make your own. A tip that someone told me about blog photos is to always chose Extra Large size so people can easily see the details of what you have made. I always use the Extra Large setting now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilty Folk Quilt Along

Stuck in the blooming brambles

What a rigmarole ...