The 'to do' list keeps getting longer


I have a very long list of things to do ... and it keeps on growing.  Every time I see something that someone else has done, I think to myself, "I can do that - if only I had the time!"

Upcomers include: a soft cover for my new sewing machine; my interest in embroidery has been reignited after seeing a few cross stitches lately; and I've recently bought two sewing kits for cushions (I never buy sewing kits but these were so lovely that I relented).

From reading various blogs it looks like most people quilt or craft every day, but I have a lot of difficulty with that, mainly because I have so many other interests and my husband would get very tetchy if I disappeared into the sewing room every night.

As it is, there were complaints that the light I use while handsewing the hexies for Red Centre at night was too bright, and reflecting in the television! 

This was just the excuse I needed to treat myself to an Ottlite with a magnifying lens.  But I can't get used to the lens at all, and instead rely on cheap (chemist-stocked) reading glasses at x3 magnification.  This way I can see what I'm doing at night, and there are no more complaints about reflections in the TV.

Mission accomplished.

Sadly, I'm getting slightly bored with the hexies so I think I will run up the smallest cushion in double-quick time and spend a leisurely couple of hours hand quilting it - under the Ottlite, of course!

The other project I want to start is a surprise for my son and his girlfriend who are about to move from their small one bedroom apartment into a new two bedroom apartment closer to the city.  It would be great to have this done in a month or two.

It would be so nice to have a 'finish' or 'finishes' so that I don't get bogged down with the hexies and, quelle horreur, give up!

Hubblebird


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilty Folk Quilt Along

Stuck in the blooming brambles

What a rigmarole ...