A gift for my friend


My main problem with having a blog is actually finding the time to write it. I ask myself how this can be, since up until December last year, I wrote every day for work and churned out all sorts of stories for press releases, our newsletter and our website. Believe me, sometimes it was difficult to turn some very dry material into something that was readable, not to mention interesting enough for the media to become involved. 

Now I find it hard to put pen to paper, as it were, and I think it is mostly because I wonder who on earth would want to read what I have to say.  Then I remind myself that the blog is mostly for me to keep a record of what I’ve been up to.

Last time I wrote about a cushion that I was sewing for my friend.  Curved piecing was doing my head in, and as the date for the house-warming was coming up fast, I abandoned it in favour of finishing another Jen Kingwell cushion.  The first cushion has taken a back seat for now, but it will be finished one day!

Unfortunately my old mobile phone is being replaced, and as I’m a ‘technophobe’ I can’t get my photos off it.  So, I had to make do with these two that I did manage to transfer to my email account.



This was the first time I had sewn a zipper in anything in many a year, and I was pleased with how easy it was to do, and with the finish.



I hand quilted this with Perle 8 thread - this was also a first for me.  I didn't bother with marking the top and relied on eye-balling it.

As this is a large cushion, I used a European Pillow to stuff it which makes it nice and squishy and has the added bonus of filling the fabric beautifully.
I’m really happy with how the cushion turned out, and my friend was very pleased too.

Hubblebird




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilty Folk Quilt Along

Stuck in the blooming brambles

What a rigmarole ...