Heart-to-heart

It’s my best friend’s birthday on 4th April when she will turn 63.

Lots has been written by many women over many years about the value of friendships with other women.  I couldn’t better anything else written before.

I’ve known my best friend since our children were little.  But we didn’t hook up until about 15 years ago.

Since then we have shared many ‘heart-to-hearts’ over coffee and the occasional glass (or bottle) of wine!

Our most recent heart-to-heart, during the Coronavirus social distancing rules, was at our local beach where we walked, sat on the sand, and each opened our own flask of coffee while we chatted – two metres apart.  The sun shone, the waves crashed, dog walkers passed us, and we had a good old chin wag. 

We moaned about things that were annoying us (other people’s attitudes and unkindness during this crisis; trying to keep husbands amused while they are at a loss on how to fill their time - I kid you not); we shared amusing stories like how I had hidden two ladies’ shoes on the beach the previous day because the ladies in question had been so horrible to my husband and I when our tiny poodles approached them, tails wagging, to say hello. Really, this is true -  my schoolgirl prank made me laugh all the way home - and I make no apologies for it.

We talked about adult children who are Interstate, yet they wonder if they should visit (with grandchildren).  “What’s in their heads?” we asked ourselves. 

And then we thought, “Thank goodness we live here, in paradise, where horrible people, incidents, and thoughtless children, are easier to forgive.”  As we had these thoughts a pod of around 15 dolphins popped up and played in the waves in front of us.

Here is my friend’s gift, in celebration of our heart-to-hearts which keep us sane. I did an all-over jagged loop de loop (because my loops are always jagged) which won’t win any competitions, but did the job.



We will be best friends forever.


And the back of the quilt where I used a panel, intended for a baby quilt, as the label for Heart-to-Heart.  Belinda is a mad keen gardener – never happier than when she is ‘playing’ as she calls it – in her garden.

I gifted it to her today.  She was thrilled.
Hubblebird

Thank you to (Diana Harris aka Stashbandit) for her free pattern and tutorial.

Linking with -

Wendy's Quilts and More
From Bolt to Beauty

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Quilty Folk Quilt Along

Stuck in the blooming brambles

What a rigmarole ...