Whatever happened to ...

My blog?  I had one a couple of years ago, and when I decided to revive it for 2018 (and, incidentally, revive quilting and craft things again) I could find it, but it proved impossible to get into it and write a new post!  

Two days and several Google searches later, I gave up, so here I am with a new blog. 


I will be writing about my quilts, and I'm working on my first English Paper Piecing Hexie quilt now.  More about that in the next blog.  It's slow going but I am enjoying it.  

In other news ...

My husband decided that he wanted to buy us both a jet ski, and today we went on our second voyage. We had our maiden voyage two days ago out on the ocean.  Fantastic fun but today we decided to take it a bit easier and travel up a local waterway.  It was a hot 31 degree Celcius day, and I have to find some way of keeping a hat on at 50kph because I'm both sunburnt and weary after four hours on the water. 

Forgot all about taking any photos of us on the water but here is a pic of my jet ski - gorgeous isn't she?
Flying along the river we came across thousands of Blubber Jellyfish spread over several kilometers.  Apparently these are called 'blooms' of jelly fish.  They were so thick on the water that there were times I thought I could have got off the ski and walked on them.  Some were huge (around 30cm in diameter) and believe me, I couldn't find anything beautiful about them.  I just kept hoping that I didn't come off the jet ski and end up in amongst them!  Failing that, I was afraid of sucking any into the engine, which is a bit like a vacuum cleaner.  Apparently the jelly fish do sting, and its advisable not to swim.

They are in plague proportions at the moment. I wonder if we will see them in Winter?


Well, that's got the writing juices flowing again.

Hubblebird

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilty Folk Quilt Along

Stuck in the blooming brambles

What a rigmarole ...